Specialized Account Handling Services
The Risk Management and Claims departments work collectively on analyzing risks – large or small – make recommendations, and follow through on First Cardinal’s commitment to safety. They conduct on-site assessments for potential participating companies, analyze claims history, and identify potential losses. They make recommendations for improvements and advise whether or not a company should be accepted into the respective trust. It’s all part of our dedication to help make the participating companies more valuable to their employees and to the trusts that they have taken ownership in.
The mission of Risk Management Services (RMS) is to assist our members in achieving their maximum dividend potential. The RMS staff will assist our members in reaching and maintaining a desirable loss ratio through the use of up-to-date risk management techniques. We can provide risk assessments for our members in the following areas:
- * Identifying historical causes of loss, as well as potential new causes
- * Making suggestions for improvements
- * Training members to adopt safe work practices
- * Assisting management in achieving a behavior-based safety culture
Through aggressive case management, the Claims Department will bring injured employees back to work earlier by:
- * Working with rehabilitation nurses to design and implement light assignments to enable injured workers to return to the job
- * Coordinating treatment with proper medical providers
- * Designating a case manager to answer employers’ questions about an employee’s health status
- * Verifying correct billing schedule
- * Recommending and approving specialty care when necessary
- * Building a strong and cooperative relationship between the injured worker, employer and medical providers.